Smith Lewis, LLP, has been committed to delivering the highest quality legal advice and representation for more than 60 years. We are currently one of the largest law firms based in central Missouri. All of our attorneys have strong academic backgrounds and a wide variety of other experiences. The firm has a general civil practice, with substantial areas of practice in civil litigation, business, financial, and corporate law, public utility law, and estate and trust law.
Our firm was founded June 1, 1959, by Robert C. Smith and Raymond C. Lewis, Jr. Besides establishing a lasting legal practice in central Missouri,
both were active in community service and philanthropy in many ways. Current members of the firm uphold the traditions of the firm with their own commitments to high quality service to clients and a wide variety of legal and personal pursuits.
In 2002, the firm moved from its longtime offices on East Broadway to its current location in the historic City Centre, located at the corner of 9th and Cherry Streets. The City Centre (also known as the Virginia Building or the Montgomery Ward Building) was extensively restored and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2002.